Monday, February 9, 2009
"For your sake..."
This phrase was said to me today, and it really rubbed me the wrong way. I was told this phrase as reasoning why I should convince a teacher to do something. This bothers me because (again) I was not part of the decision, my input was not heard, and yet I am being asked to enforce the decision that was made. And, I am being asked to do it because, otherwise, someone or some group of people will think poorly of me. I will be put on the “bad list” or the “list of people who are against”. I want to be a part of the decision-making process. And this phrase feels like a threat, it feels like “do this or else.” Or else what? I will get a poor review? I will get fired? I guess I will find out…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment